Sweden has a longstanding tradition of high quality education and it has dedicated great efforts into opening up their educational models and materials. Here you will find an overview on education in Sweden, the historical and political background, and a summary of Open Education Initiatives in Sweden. This country report for Sweden was written by Dr. Ebba Ossiannilsson, a Swedish researcher, advisor, and consultant with great expertise in open education and e-learning. This Article was written on 2017-02-07. Continue reading
We now have our first video content available through OER World Map! You can review the entries at the following URLs:
Open Educational Resources in Africa
NOVA’s OER-Based Associate Degree Project
We hope to add more stories in this way over the coming months. If you have a video relating to OER that you would like to share with the community then get in touch.
Content published on YouTube with a licence that permits sharing can easily be repurposed for the map in this way using the embed code provided in the sharing menu.
Helo ffrindiau OER, a chyfarchion o Gaerdydd yng Nghymru (DU)! Here are the slides from today’s presentation by myself and Philipp at the OER15 conference in Cardiff, in Wales (UK). They provide a snapshot of the current progress of the project and we also managed to collect our first examples of user stories. You can access the list of stories (and add your own) at http://tinyurl.com/oermap.
The recording of the session will also be made available, but in the meantime here are some thoughts I picked up in the discussion:
- Some people prefer to have some suggestions provided for the structure and length of a ‘story’
- Some people want to embed HTML links in their story
- Adding a word limit might be helpful for some because it makes the task more manageable
- The task of curating stories in multiple languages was identified as a risk for the project
- Any online form for collecting stories needs to be protected from spam
- There is interest in the alternative (non-map) forms of visualization – it might be good to sketch some of these out
- There may remain issues around the internationalisation of the platform
- Emails may lack persistence as a grounding for the map contributions
- There remains interest in an OER World Map but the important thing from an uptake point of view is the perception that the platform has some permanence and will be maintained in the future